High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional education, equivalent job experience or certification in technology repair desired. Must be able to pass State of Texas background check.
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Products; Windows XP,WIN 7,WIN 8, Server 2003-2008
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server Products
- Knowledge of remote management of PC’s
- Knowledge of PC hardware (laptops and desktops), printers, scanners, computer peripherals
- Knowledge of Antivirus solutions
- Knowledge of Backup solutions
- Ability to replace parts on a PC or laptop
- Basic understanding of computer network systems and related components
- Domain setup and maintenance
- Router configuration
- Basic knowledge of business software applications:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Common Internet Browsers
- Additional requirements
- Positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills, including communication, phone and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong interest, desire to learn and willingness to take direction, specifically as it relates to Information Technology, Internet and Computer Network Systems
- Flexibility and reliability in a work environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work independently in solving problems
- Ability to follow-through
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a wide variety of tasks.
- Please note if you have any of the following:
- Basic knowledge and use of monitoring and ticketing software
- Current IT Certifications
This position reports to the Support Supervisor.
The computer technician will be the first level of support for all hardware, software, server and network related problems, onsite at designated client location.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process
- Maintain accurate and thorough entries of repair/maintenance work into the ticketing system.
- Coordinate with other staff for the purpose of completing tickets efficiently and follow up with customer to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Notifying proper management immediately of critical issues.
- Escalate issues as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming tickets and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Create and manage tickets for designated client.
- Regularly discuss plans and ongoing issues with management at main office
- Participates in on-call support coverage which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Install, configure and upgrade computer hardware and software.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain networks and software.
- Work with and help coordinate service with outside vendors.
- Perform preventative maintenance on client equipment.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Maintain documentation of customer network in company documentation system.
- Installation of a variety of equipment and supplies on location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Overnight travel will be necessary at beginning for training.
The Computer Technician job function requires the following physical demands:
- Sitting for long periods